Today is a travel day. BUT - as I hinted yesterday - we had some travel problems. The airline cancelled our connecting flight from Vienna to Florence - so the group was rerouted - well, parts of the group. We were split into 3 groups by the airline. Two groups got out today (one group flying from Vienna to Stuttgart, then to Florence - the other group from Vienna to Rome to Florence). Sadly (or maybe happily), 8 members of our group didn't get flights out of Krakow until Saturday. So while they will miss Florence - they will have a wonderful extra day in Krakow. Fortunately, this group is pleased with WHO is in the group - and some of them have trip insurance - so they will have some reimbursement for trip interruption - which is nice.
The problem is an airline strike in Rome - and with one group routed through Rome - I don't know what is going to happen. I write this as a member of that group (there are only 4 of us in the Rome-bound group) - and it is 1pm here in Vienna. I don't know at this moment in time what is going to happen actually. But...
God allows everything to happen for a reason - and I warned the pilgrims before our departure to not get worried about things - God has a plan. I'm having to remind MYSELF of that right now. But... it will all work out.
So, there is really no information for today - just traveling - we hope - (or waiting to travel).